The Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee, WI, is seeking candidates for a paid summer internship. Click here to apply!
Position Summary: The goal of this full-time, seasonal position is to develop skills to become an environmentally responsible mentor for the urban Milwaukee community. This intern will experience the full scope of the Urban Ecology Center’s Facilities department, working at our Riverside Park, Washington Park, and Menomonee Valley branches. This intern will additionally assist with programs and general operations and perform other projects as needed.
- Work closely with the Facilities Manager to maintain our buildings and grounds in an ecologically sustainable way
- Optimize and monitor building systems to save water, energy and resources
- Practice techniques to reduce the environmental impact of our facilities
- Collect data and conduct research on the built areas of the Center’s three branches, with the support of the Center’s Department of Research and Citizen Science
- Conduct literature and/or best practices research on current green building practices
Qualifications: High school diploma or GED and some college course work are required. Working toward or completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree in natural sciences, education, or a related area. Previous experience working with volunteers and strong communication skills are preferred. Physical ability with reasonable accommodation required for various activities.
Training: On-site training for all the above is ongoing throughout the internship.
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Internship duration: June 8 through August 14, 2015
Compensation: $200 stipend per week for 10 weeks
Closing dates: Applications are being accepted immediately at www.urbanecologycenter.org and are processed on a rolling basis, so early application is strongly encouraged. Final application deadline is February 28, 2015.
For further information about the position, please contact Chris Binder, Facilities Manager at (414) 964-8505 x150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Urban Ecology Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.