Optimize Your HVAC for Every Season
Nov 07, 2019 | 1:00 PM – 02:00 PM EST
Seasonal weather changes put a lot of stress on your HVAC system, from high cooling demand in the summer to the strain of heating your building in the winter. Fortunately, there are strategies you can use all year to keep your HVAC system in shape.
This course presents a four-seasons look at HVAC maintenance and optimization.
Course Tuition: Free
- Understand the typical preventive maintenance HVAC equipment needs in each season.
- Learn how to design your HVAC systems to allow for easy future maintenance.
- Learn how seasonal variations in temperature, humidity, particulate matter and other factors affect your HVAC system.
- Learn how to optimize your system to be prepared for changes of season.
Labor and Energy Efficiency: Focusing on the “Nuts and Bolts” of the Building Envelope, and Why it Matters to You
Nov 19, 2019 | 1:00 PM – 02:00 PM EST
Energy efficiency of modern construction starts with the building envelope. The majority of energy consumed in North America is wasted through poorly insulated or sealed buildings. This webinar will focus on the importance of paying attention to the details of the building envelope, right down to the “nuts and bolts” that hold it all together. This presentation is not intended to be a highly scientific approach to energy performance, rather a real-world and common solutions approach to everyday issues faced by the builder and the building owner. You’ll learn about the importance of continuous insulation or “ci”, along with labor and energy efficient ways to attach “ci” on walls and the roof that reduce or eliminate thermal-bridging and air leakage, while providing a lifetime of solid performance to the building owner.
Course Tuition: Free
- The importance for considering your options for methods and materials to achieve air & water tight walls and roofs.
- The effects of thermal-bridging and energy loss through framing members, and how continuous insulation reduces it.
- The importance of designing and installing a complete air barrier that ties together at intersecting trades and materials.
- The roll that fasteners, anchors, and adhesives play in holding it all together, while achieving optimum energy performance, durability, AND installation labor efficiency.