Building Efficiency for a Sustainable Tomorrow (BEST) Center is supported by the National Science Foundation’s Advanced Technological Education program. Since 2012, its mission has been to create high-performance technicians who can help commercial buildings to save energy, maintain comfort, and keep occupants healthy. Among its efforts, BEST assists community and technical colleges with curriculum development in building science, building automation, and energy management.
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (LBNL) is one of 17 national labs under the direction of the Department of Energy. LBNL’s research includes energy science, biological & environmental sciences, computing & mathematics, high-energy physics, accelerator science, and energy technology. Improving energy efficiency in buildings and appliances (e.g. Energy Star program) is among its prime objectives.
Co-hosted by BEST and LBNL, the 2022 Annual Institute is the premier event for faculty, students, and technical professionals aspiring to improve the knowledge and practice of high-performance building operations. This year’s theme is Building Technician Education in a Time of Challenges & Innovation.
Why should you attend?
Come and learn about education and technology at the intersection of sustainability, energy conservation, clean energy, and healthy building operations. A dynamic line-up of speakers and interactive sessions will help you to:
- Learn about cutting-edge technical innovations, research, teaching methods, and resources
- Exchange ideas with speakers and attendees in video breakout rooms or the Networking Lounge
- Meet vendors and industry sponsors in the Expo Hall for assistance with equipment, training, and discounts
- Expand your professional connections and career potential in building operations and facilities.
Who should attend?
- College educators and students in building science, HVAC, energy management, and building automation programs
- Teachers of high school physics, technical, and engineering courses
- Building engineers, technicians, and facilities managers
- Design and construction professionals
- Decision-makers and anyone interested in making their buildings greener and healthier!